Car first aid-kit: what are the car essentials?
When you take your car for a drive, it is important to be ready for any occasion. Even if this is not what we would like, unexpected event happen like accidents or breakdowns and it is better to always be prepared in case and to take full control of the situation. To do so, here is a list of 7 essential items you should always keep in the emergency kit of your car.
- A complete first-aid kit: What should be in a first aid-kit? Bandages, sterile gauze, small pair of scissors, gloves… A first-aid kit can literally save your life or save a person in distress. No matter what the injury, you’ll be always prepared to take action.
- A flashlight: you may have to stop on the side of the road during night time. A torch will help you sort out a situation: change a tyre, find your way on a map, find an item in your boot… Having light access is essential. You should also keep extra batteries to extend the lighting time.
- Water bottle and non-perishable food: if you are stuck along the road for several hours and you do not know how long you will have to wait, it can be good to have some water and food to wait.
- A blanket and clothes: it can happen one day that your car breaks down and your heating system doesn’t work anymore. In that case, it can be necessary to have items to warm yourself up: covers, gloves, beanies, scarves…
- Pen and paper: if you encounter an accident, it is crucial to have pen and paper to note other driver's details or to settle with a signed agreement to protect both drivers' rights.
- Windshield washer: the windshield washer helps getting rid of road residues that goes on the windscreen.
- Boosting cables: the cold can be very damaging for the cars during winter, especially for batteries which easily lose power during cold weather. Always keep boosting cables in your boot to give your car some strength!
- Umbrella: when the car has a breakdown or accident in the rain, an umbrella is the best companion if you have to leave the car.
A breakdown or an accident can happen to anyone. With those essential car first aid-kit items, you can drive without worries during winter!